Wednesday, May 4, 2011

His mercies are new every morning; Great is Thy faithfulness. ~ Lamentations 3:23

Every day I get up and think on my way to where ever I'm going for the day and I think about all the things around me that show God's mercies in my life.  He gives me safe travels and lets me see the things around me that have been here all along that I have failed to see in HIS magnificent creation.  He is faithful to His own and that faithfulness is GREAT ! !  I have to remind myself of this several times a day.  Whenever I think things are not going well, I have to stop and remember that His will is going to be done and I need to stop and accept that what is happening is His will and I may not always like it but it is what is best for me.

This morning, I had an appointment with a sunflower and saw lots of amazing things while out photographing that sunflower.  I saw a bee whose legs were so full of pollen that he could hardly fly.  I am allergic to bees but find them fascinating somehow.  They buzz around and collect pollen from all the places they go.  I have lots of pictures of bees from flowers all over.  Here is one of the sunflower pics from this morning.  I have several more that are really good and close up and personal.  : )



I think my favorite things to photograph are babies, wedding, bees, butterflies, flowers and little critters like chipmunks, squirrels, ducks and other small 4 legged friends.  Friday we are taking a trip to Lake Pleasant for my husband's birthday and will take our cameras with us to catch wildlife and birds there by the lake.  It should be lots of fun and again, we will see more of God's creation.

Have a great Wednesday !

Charlene




Stuffed Pecan Pie French Toast
Ingredients1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 loaf (16 ounces) Cinnamon Swirl Bread (16 slices)
1 cup milk
2 egg
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
confectioners’ sugar
DirectionsHeat the oven to 350°F.
Heat the butter and brown sugar in a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat to a boil. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the pecans.
Lightly grease a baking sheet with additional butter. Place the bread slices onto the baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes or until the bread slices are lightly toasted on both sides.
Beat the milk, eggs, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in a medium bowl with a fork or whisk. Dip 8 bread
slices into the milk mixture and place onto a baking sheet. Spread about 1 tablespoon pecan mixture onto each dipped bread slice. Dip the remaining bread slices into the milk mixture and place over the pecan mixture to form sandwiches.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the sandwiches are lightly browned. Sprinkle with the confectioners’ sugar.
Tip: When cooking a sugar mixture on top of the stove, use a heavy-bottomed saucepan. The thicker the bottom, the less readily the sugar will burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment