Monday, May 16, 2011

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

And don't be jealous that they don't talk to you : )  . . .  I really don't have any voices in my head except my own.  It all started from something that was said yesterday when someone couldn't remember paranoid and said schizophrenic instead.  It was classic and we laughed a lot about it.  Some people may read that statement and think it fits me because I always have some idea in my head and coming out of my mouth -- but it is not any one's voice but my own : )  I think. . .

Today, it is getting back on track again, lining up all the cars and going forward.  This past week, has been hectic and I have gotten caught up in doing too many things and have missed all of you.  Hopefully, this week will be better and a little calmer.  I could use a quiet week once in a while.

What are your plans for summer?  Are you going some where special with your family?  Or by yourself?  I'm not sure what we are doing yet this year??  It will be our 30th anniversary this August so I'm sure we will do something.  I wanted to take a cruise to Alaska but now I'm not so sure if that will happen or not.  Work is slow so not a lot of extra money to travel far but we will see.  I would love to spend a few weeks in Alaska just photographing the scenes and wildlife.  I don't want to be eaten by a polar bear or anything for that one million dollar photo but I would love to see some.  I know I don't want to be like this ant that was in our house along with a few hundred of his buddies a while back -- working all summer without a break : )


It's time for cool classic summer recipes.  Barbecue and a good pasta or green salad is perfect in the summertime - especially in Phoenix, AZ where it will be 100+ for the next 5 or 6 months.  Plan something fun this week and this summer.

Enjoy,

Charlene


Macaroni Salad 
INGREDIENTS:
16 oz uncooked elbow macaroni
1 cup mayonnaise
1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 large onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1/4 cup grated carrot (optional)
1 tsp garlic powder
3 Tablespoons pickle relish
DIRECTIONS:
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Rinse under cold water and drain.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in the onion, celery, green pepper, carrot, pimentos and macaroni. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving, but preferably overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment