Friday, November 16, 2012

How About a Slice of Pie?

This time next week, people will be out on Black Friday and will have all but forgotten about the day before when they had family and friends gathered around and were thankful for all the little things in their lives.

A week from today, stores and people will be crazy shopping for deals, spending money and trying to get all they can on sale.  I have never been a Black Friday shopper -- I don't like the crowds and people grabbing and the rudeness.  I prefer to shop at midnight for groceries and have a little peace of mind in doing so.

Hopefully, you will have some leftovers for dinner and hopefully you have some pie leftovers too.  I like to bake pies but am really not a dessert fan (although, I like to bake for others to enjoy).  I prefer the turkey and stuffing and potatoes and all the sides.  When I make turkey, if my family and friends know I'm baking, they show up to eat.  It is good -- juicy and the breast is not dry at all!  Delicious ! !

Today let's make pie -- this one is easy and really tasty -- and you can lighten it up if you want to by using a lighter cream or whipping your own without sugar.

Layered Lemon Pie

1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 c sugar
1 (15 3/4 oz) can lemon pie filling, divided
1 carton (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust

In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.  Whip in half of the pie filling and fold in the whipped topping.

Spread the remaining pie filling over the cream cheese layer.  Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving.

I hope you are enjoying these recipes and will try them out soon.  I am also hoping that you are enjoying them enough to order my book.  Only $9.97 and it is a direct download to your computer immediately following payment.

Get yours today ! !

Thank you !

Charlene S Reed, Author
"The Ultimate Thanksgiving Planning Guide and Recipe Book"

No comments:

Post a Comment