Thursday, November 15, 2012

Turkey ! Turkey !! Turkey !!! ONE WEEK Till Turkey !

I don't know, maybe I'm crazy -- but I love turkey -- everything from the smell of it roasting to eating it to having leftovers.


I usually bake several turkeys for Thanksgiving so that I make sure I have leftovers.  Cold turkey sandwiches and leftover stuffing - yum.  I love it !  Usually there are between 10 and 30 people who eat at our house for Thanksgiving -- this year, it will just be the two of us -- don't worry, it's my choice but I will still bake turkey and some of the side dishes.


This year, we decided it will be dinner for two and we decided to share all of the recipes that I normally make for all of my family and friends with you in "The Ultimate Thanksgiving Planning Guide and Recipe Book".  

This book has over 20 recipes including 2 breakfast casseroles that you can prepare the night before and just pop in the oven the next morning for overnight guests or guests who arrive early in the day.  These casseroles are wonderful and easy to put together.

The turkey recipe that I have used for the last 10 plus years is also included and is great!  So moist and delicious -- even the white meat is juicy and succulent and cuts with a fork.  OK - now I'm hungry for turkey today :).

What will you do with all of the leftovers at your house or will there be any?  I know my leftovers won't last long.  How about a good turkey recipe for leftover turkey?

Southwestern Turkey Casserole

1  10.75 oz can of cream of chicken soup
1  10.75 oz can of cream of mushroom soup
1 7 oz can diced green chili peppers, drained (I like fire roasted)
1 cup sour cream
16  6 or 6 inch corn tortillas (I like the white corn but either works)
10 oz cooked turkey, diced
12 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken soup, mushroom soup, chili peppers and sour cream.  (If you really like your cheese, you could mix some extra cheese into the mix as well.)

Spray non stick cooking spray in a 9 x 13 baking pan.  Line the bottom of the pan with the corn tortillas.  Sprinkle about 1/2 of the turkey over the tortillas.  Follow with the soup mixture over the turkey and sprinkle with 1/2 of the cheese.  Repeat the layers again and top with remaining cheddar cheese.

Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until the cheese is browned and nice and bubbly.   Enjoy !

For the best turkey and a bunch of other great recipes, get your copy of the book today.  On the right hand side of this blog at the top, you can get your copy and have it on your computer in minutes!  Direct download immediately following payment.  

You have one more week to get your copy and then it is gone for this year -- possible forever.  Get yours today.

Thank you,

Charlene S Reed, Author
"The Ultimate Thanksgiving Planning Guide and Recipe Book"

No comments:

Post a Comment