Friday, April 8, 2011

By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. ~ Henry Ford

I don't usually have a problem with planning ~ it's the carrying out of all the plans that are in my head.  Maybe I need to stop planning for a day and just get all the plans in my head caught up before I think any new things.  Now just getting the mind to shut off for a whole day should be fun.  : )

Today, I have lots of plans to get out and meet with people who want to work from home and helping them get started.  I have learned a lot of new things in the last few weeks and need to pass that information along.  Retirement is not that far off -- not that I ever think I will get to retire -- but we must plan for that time when we are no longer able to work.  Do you have plans?  Do you have a retirement fund?  Will it be enough for 10 or 15 years?  A book that I found that had a lot of insight in it was How to Retire Happy, Wild and Free by Ernie J. Zelinski.  It was recommended in the Motley Fool syndicated column if you read it.  I have it on my Twitter so that I see it when new things post.

This book is not so much about the 'how much' but focuses on the happiness and needing as little actual cash as possible to live on in those 'golden years'.  It gets you thinking about where you want to live in retirement and having what you need to attain your lifestyle.  An interesting read if you are planning your retirement.  So many people these days are just getting there and then wondering what they will do next.  Not a really good plan at all.

Today, I plan to enjoy whatever I do.  Still remember the people in Japan ~ another very strong 'aftershock' yesterday.  Also, please remember my Aunt who is in the hospital and the doctors who are trying to figure out what is wrong with her.  I love her and would love to see her again.  Also, remember her husband and children.  The Lord's will is what we all want for her - she is a very sweet lady!  And, for those of you in CA, please make this for Ken and take him a batch - He will love it : )  He and his family really need prayers.

It's Friday, don't be stuck inside all day.  It's supposed to be in the mid 70's today and in the 60's tomorrow here.  Go figure, a few weeks ago we hit 100 degrees here and now this?  I'm NOT complaining though, I love this weather - It's the summers that I hate here : )

Happy Friday ! !

Charlene


Banana Bread

1 cup sugar
1/4 cup light butter, softened
1 2/3 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
1/4 cup skim milk
1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
2 large egg whites
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine sugar and butter in a bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended. Add banana, milk, sour cream, and egg whites; beat well, and set aside.
Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; stir well. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, beating until blended.
Spoon batter into 4 (5 x 2 1/2-inch) miniature loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pans. Let cool completely on wire racks.
Note: To make one 9-inch loaf, spoon batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray; bake at 350º for 1 hour and 10 minutes.  
I think the little loaf pans are so cute : )

No comments:

Post a Comment