Saturday, April 23, 2011

Everybody mocks my happiness.

I am generally a very happy person.  I like having fun and laughing (see yesterday's post).  I don't like being unhappy - I really enjoy my happiness - even if it is only in my head!  Today I thought I would share with you some of the things that make me very unhappy:

Liars, drama queens, cheaters, two-faced people, leeches and snooty people : )  See it was a short list. :-)  I choose who to have in my life and I choose who I will not associate with.  Life could be soooooo simple if people would just say to your face what they are saying behind your back.  Life would be more fun if all the high school drama would stop.  If someone thinks they are bringing drama to my world -- see how fast I walk away from you.  Please don't call yourself my 'friend' and stab me in the back to others -- that is not a friend.  Here is the definition of friend in case there is any question:

friend 

–noun
1. a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
2. a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter: friends of the Boston Symphony.
3. a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile: Who goes there? Friend or foe?
4. a member of the same nation, party, etc.
5. ( initial capital letter ) a member of the Religious Society of friends; a Quaker.
–verb (used with object)
6. Rare . to befriend.
—Idiom
7. make friends with, to enter into friendly relations with; become a friend to.

On the other hand, treat me right and I will be completely loyal to you -- most times to a fault.  Are you being a friend to someone or do you fit in the other category?  If you fit in the other category, fix it -- make it right.  Stop being hateful and start yourself on a drama free life diet.  You may laugh but try it sometime.  Here are the rules:

You cannot say or think a negative thought about someone for a week.  If you do either, you must start over and the clock goes back to zero and you now have seven days in front of you.  See how far you can make it through those 7 days.  See how many times you have to re-start you week long no negative living.  Some people will not accomplish this before New Years (DF) and others will probably figure it out in a month or two.  I am now on month 2 and week 3 of trying.  It's harder than you think it is.

Today, try it and start new not thinking bad of people.  Keep your word to others and be happy -- life is too short to not have fun and laugh.

Happy Saturday ! !

Charlene


Greek Salad

Ingredients
12 leaves iceberg lettuce
2 tomatoes, cut into eighths
1 large green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
8 slices red onion
4 radishes, sliced
1 cup canned chick-peas, drained
12 pitted black olives
1/2 cup feta cheese
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
4 teaspoons olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Preparation
Wash, dry and tear lettuce into bite-size pieces. Toss with tomatoes, green pepper, onion, radishes, chick-peas and olives. Crumble feta cheese on top.
For dressing: Whisk lemon juice and mustard together until smooth. Whisk in oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour over salad and toss.

No comments:

Post a Comment