Sunday, April 3, 2011

A happy life is one spent in learning, earning, and yearning. ~ Lillian Gish

This sounds like me most days ~ I love learning, earning is always good and yearning to live life and reflect God in my life to people around me.  My newest book that I have coming is The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey.  It helps that I am committed to reading this before the end of April.  I love reading and writing among other things but reading has always been something I love doing.  I am not a novel reader but all information.  There was a window of time that I liked reading mysteries but that passed quickly when I thought about the time I was reading and not learning anything.  I know I am odd : )  I like being odd.

Yesterday was a very good day, I spent it with family.  I got to see my great nephew again.  He is so cute and little.  Such a good baby too.  Of course, I had to take off his sock and mitten again to see his little feet and hands.  So cute.


I can't help it, I love baby hands, feet and ears ~ so little and cute.  I am set to do another photo session with the family and him again in a week.  Should be a lot of fun.

It's Sunday and we are getting ready to go worship today with all of our family at church.  It will be a great day.  How about something really bad today?  I think it is time for something really good today.  This is easy and oh so good.

Enjoy your day !

Charlene


Moist Caramel Apple Cake 
1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix (do not use cake mix with pudding in the mix)
1 pkg.  (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla or French Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
1 cup water
4   eggs
1/3 cup oil
3   Granny Smith apples (1 lb.), peeled, coarsely chopped
20 KRAFT Caramels
3 Tbsp.  milk
HEAT oven to 350ºF
GREASE and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan. Beat first 5 ingredients in large bowl with mixer on low speed until blended. Beat on high speed 2 min. Stir in apples. Pour into prepared pan.
BAKE 50 min. to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan 15 min. Loosen cake from side of pan; invert onto wire rack. Gently remove pan. Cool cake completely. Transfer to plate.
MICROWAVE caramels and milk in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 min., stirring every 30 sec. until blended. Cool 10 min. or until slightly thickened. Drizzle over cake just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment