Monday, April 4, 2011

"Taking pictures is savoring life intensely, ever hundredth of a second." - Marc Riboud

Everyone takes pictures of things yet not everyone sees all there is in front of them while holding a camera.  You see people every where who have point and shoot cameras and phone cameras and they are snapping away.  You also see people who have bought nice DSLR cameras taking pictures.  Yes, they are having fun - let them have fun.  They are enjoying life.

There is another type of person who is actually savoring every moment through the lens and seeing things that have always been there in front of them but they are seeing it in a different 'light'.  I would have typically ran from a lot of things (including bees because I am allergic to them) but now I find myself stopping to capture them on my SD Card in my sweeeeet Canon.  Even when I am home and processing my pictures in Photoshop, I am seeing things in them that I never seen before ~ like finding out that bees have toes and long tongues and hairy backs : ( and hairy legs.  I had no idea.

We had lunch at church yesterday and it was great again as always.  Someone made a pineapple upside down cake ( I love these ) and lots of other things too but that's what I had for dessert.  Today, I am sharing a recipe for Mandarin Orange Cake which is great if you life mandarin oranges and pineapple.  It's nice and light and easy too.

It's Monday so make a point to enjoy your day regardless of others around you : )  or events.

Happy Monday,

Charlene


Mandarin Orange Cake
INGREDIENTS:
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil and mandarin oranges with juice. Beat until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
4. To make the topping: In a large bowl, beat together whipped topping, pineapple with juice and dry pudding mix until blended. Spread on cooled cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment