Friday, April 22, 2011

When you photograph people in colour you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in B&W, you photograph their souls! ~ Ted Grant

I never quite thought about it but I do love B & W Photography.  It seems to have a certain sense of times gone by - of a time when things were simpler and being with family and friends meant something more than just 'hanging out'.

While I love my new Canon DSLR, the B&W pictures from the DSLR are different than those shot with the older film cameras.  I still love to take my 35mm camera out with B&W film and shoot pictures of things.  There is a much different look and feel to them.  You notice so many more details in B&W than you do in color.


It seems that color is natural to the eye but B&W seems to make you look deeper into the picture itself.  Look at the B&W photo above.   It is a rose with a lady bug on it.  This was taken at a park with a lot of roses out front and the day we were there, there were lady bugs everywhere.  It was great.

This morning, I was out before 7 looking for our little hummingbird again but he was a no show for a few hours so I came in to finish this blog.  It's Friday, let's have some fun!  I'm actually looking to expand my portfolio with some newer and fresher images.  In the next few days, I will make a really cool offer for someone.  A really good deal for a few interested and quick people.  Stay tuned. . . .

Right now, I could use a nice cold drink - non-alcoholic of course.  Have you ever made homemade slushies?  Watermelon and strawberry are my favorites.  Today, try the watermelon one and maybe sometime again, we can share the strawberry one.

Happy Friday!

Charlene


Watermelon Cooler Slushy  

Ingredients:
4 cups cubed seedless watermelon
10 ice cubes
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup white sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt

Directions:
1. Place watermelon and ice into a blender. Pour in lime juice, sugar, and salt. Blend until smooth.
I love my blender stick -- it works great and you can use it right in the glass or pitcher : )  Easy clean up too.

No comments:

Post a Comment