Friday, April 1, 2011

There aren't enough days in the weekend. ~ Rod Schmidt

Do you have any plans for the weekend?  I have lots of plans for this weekend.  I will be meeting with my sister to work on her earning money from home and enjoying life more.  Yesterday, we photographed roses.  This weekend is the Annual Rose Festival at Sahuaro Ranch Park in Glendale, AZ.  Beautiful roses all over the front end of the park of all colors.  Here is one of the pictures from yesterday. 


I love this picture with the bee in the rose.  This is only one of the many colors of roses at the park.  In looking at this picture, I found out that bees have 4 toes on each foot.  Probably more than a lot of people wanted to know about bees -- but I was amazed to see bee toes and a bees tongue.  I caught a bee sticking his tongue out to taste an orange blossom.  It was cool ! !

I am really enjoying photography and writing.  I love my new Canon EOS Rebel and am looking forward to traveling this fall with the Canon that I want - the Canon EOS 5d Mark ii.   I want to take a trip to Wyoming in October and then to Mt. Rushmore and the Black Hills of South Dakota. 

Of course, I will post pictures for you while I am away.  At some point in the summer time, I would also like to go to Alaska.  I hear it is beautiful there and I want to take pictures of the state and of course one day I will get up the nerve to fly all the way to Hawaii and see lots of friends there.  I would like to spend about 2 or 3 weeks there.

It's Friday, have some fun and don't spend a lot of time on dinner.  Get out and enjoy your life.  Get breakfast ready for tomorrow and have a brunch with some family or friends.  I enjoy a good breakfast casserole. 

Enjoy your weekend !

Charlene


Sausage and Leek Casserole

Ingredients

• Olive Oil
• 2 cups leeks, cut in rings and rinsed thoroughly
• 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 pound ground pork sausage
• 1/2 loaf French baguette
• 1 cup grated Cheddar
• 1 cup pepper jack cheese
• 6 each large eggs
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1/4 cup heavy cream


Directions
Heat oil in a heavy bottomed skillet on medium-high heat. Saute the leeks with a pinch of salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne. When the leeks are translucent raise the heat to high and add the sausage and cook for 8 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool.
In a separate bowl whisk the eggs together with the cream, milk, the remaining cayenne, a pinch of black pepper and salt.
Cut the baguette into cubes and put in the bottom of a 9 by 9-inch glass casserole dish. Sprinkle the bread with the Cheddar cheese. Pour the sausage and leek mixture and egg mixture on top. Top with pepper jack cheese. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
The next morning remove from refrigerator. Put in the middle of the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until a knife is removed cleanly from the middle. Remove from oven and allow the casserole to stand for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment