Thursday, April 21, 2011

Laughter is an instant vacation. ~ Milton Berle

Sometimes all you can do is laugh.  I have to laugh -- I can't go an hour without laughing even when things are crazy.  I love to laugh and interact with people who also enjoy laughter.  I'm not interested in making fun of other people or saying things about people to make me look or feel better -- just good clean fun.

I think this is why I love a lot of the old shows like I love Lucy and Mork and Mindy, but I think one of my favorites is Alf.  Alf was hilarious and poor Lucky was always on the menu.  I still love to sit and watch these shows.  I wish we had more shows like these.  Some of the newer ones that I like are Everybody Loves Raymond and Frasier.  I used to watch Seinfeld  and my favorite one is the one where Cramer and Newman are eating the Kenny Rogers chicken.  If you haven't seen this one, look it up and watch it.

One of my favorite movies is Folks with Tom Selleck and Don Ameche -- if you want to laugh until your sides hurt, find this movie.  It is hilarious and clean.  Don Ameche is the dad to Tom Selleck and is kind of suffering from senile dementia.  It is one movie that you have to put on your list of must see movies.  It is hard to find because it is an older movie but Amazon still sells it.

Whatever you like, find a reason to laugh.  Sometimes, it is the only vacation you can afford. 

Enjoy ! !

Charlene


Fruit Salad

INGREDIENTS:
1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, juice reserved
2 apples, peeled and cored
1 (21 ounce) can peach pie filling
2 bananas, peeled and diced
3 kiwis
1 quart strawberries

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a small bowl, toss the chopped apples in reserved pineapple juice. Allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
2. In a large salad bowl, combine the peach pie filling and pineapple chunks.
3. Remove apples from pineapple juice and add to pie filling and pineapple mixture. Add chopped bananas to reserved pineapple juice and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Peel and slice kiwi and 1/2 of strawberries. Chop the other 1/2 of strawberries and set aside.
5. Remove bananas from pineapple juice and add to pie filling mixture. Add chopped strawberries; toss together.
6. Arrange kiwi slices around the edge of the serving bowl and alternate with strawberry slices. Chill and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment