Monday, April 11, 2011

Change is inevitable - except from a vending machine. ~ Robert C. Gallagher

Never fails - I always lose my money in the vending machine.  I have learned that if I want something from a vending machine to have exact change.  I rarely have exact change on purpose so that I don't buy from the machines : ).

Change is inevitable - either you will change to adapt or you will change to buckle under the situation.  I choose not to buckle under but rather to fight the fight.  Right now I am fighting uphill with everything.  Seems like I can not reach the top.  However, I will not stop fighting the uphill battle.  I will reach the top.  I have again pulled out my motivational CD by Tony Robbins.  He makes you think in different directions than you currently do and helps me to figure other avenues to reach my goals. 

I need to fill my schedule full the next few weeks.  I still have several openings if anyone needs photos or business consulting.  I am also teaching people about working from home and making extra money.  This is especially good for stay at home moms.  If you are interested, please email me at mymindwanderedtoday@live.com and we can get together.

Today please pray for several of my friends - the Barnett's in the loss of a loved one, the Pogues - Gene is having major heart surgery right now and my Aunt Bev is trying to get stabilized so that she can go home.  Also, Japan is still having earthquakes and/or aftershocks and still need a lot of prayers and aid.  I still have friends in that area. 

I am sharing a hummingbird cake below -- this is for all my southern friends -- you better know what this is.  In the south this is a staple in some places.  A great cake with or without frosting,  It typically takes cream cheese frosting but it is sweet and wonderful without it too.

Enjoy your Monday !

Charlene


Hummingbird Cake 
INGREDIENTS:
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil 
3 eggs
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
2 cups diced bananas
1 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 12 cup Bundt pan.
2. Measure flour, sugar, soda, salt, cinnamon, oil, eggs, vanilla into mixing bowl. Beat until smooth. Stir in pineapple with juice, bananas, and pecans. Pour into prepared pan.
3. Bake in oven for about 70 minutes. Turn cake out onto rack or plate after cooling for 20 minutes. Cool, and ice with cream cheese icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment