Thursday, March 17, 2011

Any man can seek revenge; it takes a king or prince to grant a pardon. ~ Arthur J. Rehrat

It always amazes me when people will treat someone bad because they were treated badly by that person.  Whatever happened to friendship and honesty?  Do people realize that the things they do behind people's backs always come to light?  I try to live by the 'do unto others as you would have them do unto you' rule.  I think there are a lot of people who just don't get that rule in life.  People who are always looking for the worst in people are the worst kind of people and even worse when they call themselves your friend.  They will be your best friend to your face and as soon as you turn your back, they are stabbing you in it.  This is not Godly and should not be happening ~ especially if you are calling yourself a Christian.

Next time you find yourself in a situation where people are 'trash talking', excuse yourself or better yet, stop the conversation and just tell them that you will not participate.  They may snarl at your saying anything but you will no longer be included in the hate talk of people.  I find this a lot in businesses as I consult with companies.  People playing the 'blame game' and it's almost always without fail the person who just left that is to blame for everything.  Some people just need to open their eyes and shut their mouths and realize that nearly all fault lies with management and ownership - not always -- but nearly always. 

How about realizing what the issues are and dealing with those without the need to blame anyone.  I recently found out that I was blamed by someone for something big and realize that people who say they are your friends are not necessarily true friends -- they are only friends when they need you or something that you have.  These people I have nothing to do with any longer.  I CHOOSE to NOT fill my life with people who are less than honest all the time (especially when they were never around to make decisions or correct the wrong in the first place).

The nice thing about life is that the truth ALWAYS come out in the end.  I sleep well at night and can hold my head up because I know what was said and know it to be a total lie made up by people who have no clue about such things.  I'm enjoying life and I hope you all are too.  If you have done all you can for someone and they still treat you bad, pray for them ~ God can and will correct those who have wronged you.  Remember this:  "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord." ~ Romans 12:19 

We know in life who our true friends are and I do have quite a few in the United States, Canada, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, and many other parts of the world.  Today for one of my real friends, Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies sounds good and "D" in Canada, this is your fault for asking for the gum : ).  Have some for me too when you make them.  Please tell everyone hello from me.  Enjoy : )

Happy Thursday! Friends ! !

Charlene


Creme de Menthe Chocolate Chip Cookies   
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons creme de menthe liqueur
3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups mint chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, then stir in the creme de menthe liqueur. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the mint mixture. Mix in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Cookies should be at least 2 inches apart.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely

No comments:

Post a Comment