Friday, March 25, 2011

"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

Today, I'm off to work.  Tomorrow that could all change but today, I am off to work.  : )

Don't get me wrong, I really like what I do, it's just that I would love to travel and photograph some of the amazing places we have in this country.  I would love to photograph from all 50 states and write about all of the states and the beauties I find there.  Pictures from the lighthouses of Maine to the fjords of Alaska and all points in between.  One book with 51 chapters (all 50 states and the points in between including that 51st chapter on Canada ~ I didn't want you to think that I didn't know we only had 50 states : ) in America.)

Tomorrow is baking day for Sunday and I'm leaning towards yesterday's cake but I know it is the year of the pie so . . . :-/  I'm not so sure -- ANY suggestions?

So here is one from the place we went to on Tuesday with the baby bunnies and flowers.  This little bunny was so cute I just wanted to hold him and squeeze him but couldn't get too close or else it ran back into the brush.


Do you see it sitting beside the rock eating the flowers?  You can get an idea of his size by looking at the flowers which were about 2 1/2 to 3 inches in diameter.  In this one, it caught me taking the picture : ).  We all need our salad bar and I interrupted dinner here.

So today it is time to decide between cake, pie and death by chocolate ( I'll post this one tomorrow) and I'm not so sure which one I'll make.  Maybe it will be a surprise to everyone on Sunday - I don't know.

Enjoy your day -- It's FRIDAY ! ! !

Charlene


Black Bottom Pecan Pie

INGREDIENTS:
2 eggs
3/4 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup (3 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup pecan halves
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
One 9-inch chocolate graham cracker pie crust
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, corn syrup, melted chocolate, butter, vanilla, sugar, and salt; mix well.
3. Stir in the pecans and coconut; mix well.
4. Pour into the pie crust and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until firm in the center.
5. Allow to cool completely before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment