Saturday, March 26, 2011

Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe

I was just about to go look for a regular job again when out of the blue, I get several clients all in at once. Talk about a real blessing for me, it was.  I will probably be screaming for help pretty soon  because I'll be running from Sun City to Queen Creek to Avondale.  I will take my Canon EOS Rebel with me  : )  just in case I find something spectacular to share with you.

Please don't get me wrong, I love being in a different place each day.  It breaks up the week and makes things interesting.  The main thing I love about consulting is that people call you because they want you there.  You have a proven track record and they trust you - plus they are happy to see you when you show up.  You go in, you help them solve their issues and you are gone.  You only come back when they need you again and you aren't there long enough to annoy them  : ).  You get paid to tell people what to do and to teach them what they need to change and they love you because you 'made' them successful.

That is my goal to be too busy and be able to keep my sister busy too with lots of work in the East Valley and keep myself primarily in the West Valley.  I know I have clients in the East Valley that will always want me to come but it's because I know so much about their business already, there will be no learning curve but for new clients, I will work with my sister to set them up and then turn them over and just be there when needed.  The company my sister was working for was great but sold out and she was laid off : (  so she has agreed to work with me in consulting : ).

It's Saturday, what are you doing in front of your computer?  Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad you are here but it is Saturday and beautiful weather in Phoenix today.  It's supposed to be in the mid 70's and a little breeze.  Absolutely beautiful -- this is when I enjoy Phoenix.  All summer I wish I could afford to be a snowbird : )

Get out and enjoy your day and then try these enchiladas.  They are wonderful -- not for the lactose intolerant but wonderful : )

Charlene


Salsa Verde Sour Cream Enchiladas

4 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
3 large cloves of garlic, minced
2 Serranos, diced (seeds-in if you like the heat; reduce to 1 if you’re not a fan of spicy food)
1 Jalapeno, seeded, minced
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups sour cream
16 oz jar of  Ortega Medium Salsa Verde
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
12 tortillas, small fajita size
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack
1/2 medium onion, diced

Preheat the oven to 350. Melt butter over medium-high heat. Saute Serranos and Jalapenos until soft and then add the garlic, cooking for 1 minute. Stir in the flour and let cook 1-2 minutes. Whisk in the chicken broth until smooth and let cook until bubbly. Stir in the sour cream, salsa, cumin, cayenne, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cilantro until the sauce is smooth. Remove from heat.
Spray/grease a 9×13 baking dish. Add 1 cup of sauce to the bottom of the pan. Add chicken, cheese, and chopped onion to the center of each tortilla and roll, placing seam-side down in the dish. Pour the sauce over the enchiladas, top with leftover cheese, and bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until top is brown and bubbling.
To freeze: Cook the sauce and cool completely (I do it quickly using an ice water bath). Assemble the enchiladas in portion-friendly dishes and wrap well with plastic wrap or foil. To cook thawed, bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes (or to an internal temperature of 165). To cook straight from the freezer, increase the baking time to 45-55 minutes.
Yields: 12-15 enchiladas

No comments:

Post a Comment