Thursday, March 3, 2011

I am still learning. ~ Michelangelo

I hope I will always be able to say this.  I love to read and learn new things.  I am always up for a challenge and get bored with the routine things in life.  Some people live in such a rut and everything they do is routine.  Get up same time everyday, out of the house at the same time, go to a job that is the same thing every day, home at the same time and the same thing for dinner and in bed at a certain time every night.

I have done it, but I really hate it.  I love Photography and the freedom it gives me.  I got my new book in the mail yesterday ~ started reading it last night and I love it so far.  I think that is why I also love consulting ~ the freedom it provides.  If something is happening , you just schedule yourself off for the day or days.  You can work as little or as much as you like and people love to see you come because you are there long enough to solve their problems but not so long that you annoy them with your presence.  Some people are just like that. I pray I never get old and grouchy : )

For those times when you are working a lot, you want to come home and fix something quick but healthy.  While frozen dinners are sometimes good, they usually have lots of preservatives and sodium and other bad things in them.  Here is an easy recipe for those times when you are in a hurry and need a healthy alternative.  Try this one when you are in a rush for something for dinner.

Enjoy !

Charlene


Low Fat Spinach Enchiladas

2 cups fat-free chicken broth
1 cup green chiles -- canned, diced
2 tomatoes -- peeled and diced
2 tablespoons onions -- finely chopped
2 cloves garlic -- minced
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
1 1/4 pounds fresh spinach -- coarsely chopped
8 corn tortillas
In a 2 quart saucepan, combine the first 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
In a cup, combine the cornstarch and water. Add to the pan. Cook stirring, until thickened. Remove from heat.
While the sauce is cooking, steam the spinach for 5 minutes, or until wilted. Divide the spinach among the tortillas and roll to enclose it.
Coat a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Add the enchiladas in a single layer. Top with the tomato mixture. 
Bake at 400ºF for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment