Saturday, March 12, 2011

There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. ~ George Sand

Today my mind has wandered back over to Digital Photography ~ probably because I am between reading 2 books ~ Digital Photography for Dummies and Good Snapshots to Great Pictures for the Canon EOS Rebel T2i.  I love the book tailored to my camera.  It has a lot of good information about all the menus and some really cool charts and information specific to my camera.  There are several books on all the new Canon Cameras and Nikon Cameras.  (Sorry I didn't look for other camera types other than the ones that I bought for my husband and myself - I'm sure they have them for a lot of cameras at Amazon.com.)

I am also working on getting some of my pictures on the Internet for sale.  If you are looking for something specific for your wall, please let me know.  And before you ask me, snakes are OUT of the question.  If you want a picture of an Arizona Diamondback, you better mean a baseball player and not the hissing kind.  I have my limitations and snakes are one of them.  Birds, flowers, landscapes, buildings, water and many other things will be added regularly.  All pictures will be available with two versions ~ one with a Bible verse and one without.  It will be your choice.  Many sizes will be available for you from 6" x 6" to 20" x30".  We will also offer them on canvas if you prefer.  Stay tuned for the grand opening of the site.

It's Saturday and hopefully we are home with the ones we love.  Kids love to make these with you and will be thrilled to package them up for someone special.  Today, think of someone that needs a smile and make these for them.

Enjoy,

CharleneChocolate Cake Balls 

INGREDIENTS:
1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
1 (16 ounce) container prepared chocolate frosting
1 (3 ounce) bar chocolate flavored confectioners coating

DIRECTIONS:
1. Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes. When cake is done, crumble while warm into a large bowl, and stir in the frosting until well blended.
2. Melt chocolate coating in a glass bowl in the microwave, or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
3. Use a melon baller or small scoop to form balls of the chocolate cake mixture. Dip the balls in chocolate using a toothpick or fork to hold them. Place on waxed paper to set.
 
 You can mix and match cake and icing flavors as well as the coatings. The variations are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment