Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2011 Here We Come !

Don't look back at 2010 and say you wish or I should have.  Look forward and do.  We could spend hundreds of hours saying what if and if I had only, but why not spend that same time and energy doing those things that you wish you had already done. 

Don't make New Years Resolutions, just make a list of things to accomplish and put time frames on them and work on the list.  Find a good calendar like the Day-Timer Mini Weekly Planner, Black, 3 x 4.5 Inches, January - December 2011 (D13331-1101) to plan out your goals.  Writing things down and putting time frames on items that you are not going to actively work on is no good.  We ALL have it in us to change our lives to some extent.  We make the choices everyday to eat what we want, when we do things and who with -- so this year just plan to actively make it part of your life to "DO" those things that you keep putting off.

This year I have several things I want to accomplish and I'm actively setting aside time instead of watching TV or reading a magazine to work on these plans.  I have another website going up the first of the year and have scheduled time with the people who will make that happen : ).  I have a list of contacts to work on after everyone is back from vacation to get the rest of the things lined out.

Earlier this year, I had a choice - do the 8 to 5 or step out on faith and give myself permission and the freedom to do what I really know I should be doing.  I chose the latter and here I am.  I have two websites that are already up and at least 1 more coming in January -- maybe more : ).  The ones that are up are www.daycarealert.com and www.myconstructionoffice.com -- these will progress this year to have added features and items including forms and alerts.

For today, I have something in mind that I want to share with you.  I love crepes and the many fillings you can put into them.  Today, I will share the basic recipe with you and tomorrow, and each day this week a different filling for them.  Let me know if you are looking for something in particular and I will put it on here.  Strawberries and Cream Cheese is my favorite.   For this recipe, you can either use aWorld Cuisine 9.5-Inch Crepe Pan (51224) or a non-stick skillet.  I like my cast iron : ).


Enjoy !

Charlene


Basic Crepe Recipe

In a blender:
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1 cup flour
3 tbs. butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 1/2 tbs. sugar

Directions:
Pulse the blender for 10 seconds then scrape down the sides of the blender with a spatula. Blend/pulse again for a few seconds.  Then pour the batter into another container, cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. The batter will keep up to 2 days.  Rub some butter in a T-Fal Signature 10.25-Inch Nonstick Fry (Saute) Pan, Black and heat over medium heat.

If you notice that the batter is a bit thick, add 1 tbs. or so of water to thin the batter.  When you see the butter starting to bubble (but not burn) add 1/4 cup batter to the pan. Lift and rotate the pan to swirl the batter around until it begins to cook and firm up. Cook for 30 seconds to a minute. When the crepe is golden brown turn it over with a spatula. Cook second side for 10 seconds more or till golden brown.
You can stack crepes on a plate and place in a warm 200 degree oven, covered to keep them warm while putting together your crepe recipe.

You can store crepes in ziploc bags for several days in the refrigerator and in the freezer for up to two months.  Thaw frozen crepes on a rack before carefully peeling them apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment