Friday, December 10, 2010

It's Friday ! ! and It's Beautiful in Phoenix Today -- This is My Banana Bread Recipe

Oh The Joy of Computers ! !  Today I got up and started to work on my blog for today and voila ! !  my computer went nuts . . .  So now two hours later, my computer is running fine again after 1 restore and 2 updates and a virus scan.  Thank you Microsoft and Bill Gates.

Just a little behind today but I will catch up and get everything done that I need to get done today.  I may be up til midnight but - hey, some of my best thoughts are in the middle of the night.  : )

There's nothing that smells better to me than the smell of banana bread baking in the house when it's a little outside (except prime rib with garlic and black peppercorns -- but I digress.  We'll save that one for another day.).  (OK - in Phoenix today, I will have to wait until evening for that chill - but hey at least we will get it today.  I can be thankful for that.) 

Today I am sharing my Banana Bread recipe with all of you.  I like to make this in the small loaf pans and wrap them individually to share with others.  I have a loaf pan that makes 6 mini loaves and I love it.  See if you can find one - you will find you use it more than you think.

Have a wonderful Friday and enjoy this recipe.  I'm off to lunch with a dear friend and then off to photograph some scenery.

Charlene



Banana Bread

1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. water
2 cups bananas, mashed
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup walnuts, chopped


Preheat oven to 350:. Sift together flour,salt and baking soda. Set aside. Melt
butter on the stove or in microwave. Mix butter and sugar until well blended.

Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition. Add bananas and
vanilla.  I always add an estra banana to the mis and more walnuts : )  Fold in flour mixture and walnuts and blend until all flour is moist.

Grease 2 loaf pans and divide batter equally between the 2 pans. Bake for 1
hour or until center of loaf is firm and toothpick inserted in center comes out
clean.

Happy Baking! !  and Have a Great Weekend !

No comments:

Post a Comment