Thursday, December 16, 2010

DIET TIME ! ! -- I Know It's the Holiday Season but . . .

This diet is very easy -- yet not.  You don't have to give up your fudge or cookies or even your fruitcake (unless you don't like it anyway).  That's the easy part.  Here's the hard part.  Try to go on a diet for 7 days -- one of not saying or thinking anything negative.  You think you can do it??  Try it.  sometimes you can't make it a whole day much less a week without doing it. 

This makes me very sad that I can't.  My heart is burdened because I can't keep it up for a single week.  I should be able to do this -- some how though, I can't.  I keep trying and sometimes I can make it a few days and then someone says something to me or about me and I hear it and I'm back in the thoughts again of wanting them to trip and fall.  Please don't laugh -- I shouldn't feel this way, but I do. . .

I'm trying to  --  and I keep having to start over.  One day, some day, soon I hope to make it a full week and I will shout it from the rooftops when I do.  In the mean time, I promise to keep bringing you something everyday.

Today, I have an old favorite with an twist to it, Microwave Peanut Brittle.  Amazingly easy ! !  Try it, you'll love it or you can give it away to someone else.  If you do like it, you could make two batches since it is so quick and keep one and give one away.  : )

Have fun !

Charlene



Microwave Peanut Brittle

1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 cup salted peanuts 

1 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda


Butter a cookie sheet. Combine sugar and corn syrup in a 2 quart glass bowl and microwave on high 4 minutes. Stir in peanuts and microwave on high 3 1/2 minutes more, then stir in butter and vanilla and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.
Stir in baking soda until light and foamy. Pour onto cookie sheet and spread thin. Cool completely and break into pieces and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment