Monday, December 6, 2010

One of My Favorite Recipes - Sweet Potato Casserole

Today I thought I would share a recipe with you that I made at Thanksgiving and have had requests for this recipe every time I bake it.  Even people who don't normally like sweet potatoes generally find that they like this -- it's actually more like a big pie than sweet potatoes : ).

Enjoy

Charlene


Sweet Potato Casserole

6 -7 large sweet potatoes (about 6 pounds)
2 cups granulated sugar
4 eggs
1 cup melted butter (not margarine)
1 tbsp cinnamon (I use Makara from Cinnabon)
1 tbsp Madagascar Vanilla


Boil potatoes until tender.  Drain and let cool.  Remove skins when cooled.  Put into a large bowl and whip them until fluffy.  Add remaining ingredients and blend well.  Pour into greased large casserole and top with Crunch Topping.

Crunch Topping

1 cup melted butter (not margarine)
1/2 cup flour
2 cups packed brown sugar
3 Tbsp Cinnamon (I use Makara from Cinnabon)
2 cups finely chopped pecans


Combine ingredients and pour on top of sweet potatoes.   Bake at 350ºF for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment