Thursday, December 23, 2010

These Are a Few of MY Favorite Things

Everyone these days has their list of 'favorite things'.  My list would include books, music and dvds as well as warm cozy afghans and of course cameras and computer gadgets.

My first favorite thing is Nikon D7000 Digital SLR Kit w/18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 DX VR Nikkor Lens.  This I want to buy but need to raise the money first : ).  Second, I would like to get the Apple iPod touch 32 GB (4th Generation) NEWEST MODEL so that I have something that I can take with me for tunes.  The best movie my husband and I have seen in a long time is Knight and Day (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Holiday Gift Set).  It was hilarious and clean too : ) -- BONUS !  The next book I want to order is Jesus Lives.  I am currently reading Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence.  It is a daily devotional reading and it is really good.  Written by a missionary's wife - worth picking up.  And to cuddle up with a good hot chocolate and your book, curl up with Illumina Chenille Throw in lilac.  Right now, they are about 45% off list price -- a great deal.  It also comes in a pretty slate green and chocolate brown if you prefer another color. 

Below, you will find a recipe for hot cocoa to sip while enjoying your books, videos, iPod and of course your chenille throw. 

Stay Warm and Enjoy Your Cocoa!

Charlene


Creamy Hot Cocoa 
Prep Time: 2 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Ready In: 7 Minutes
Servings: 4


INGREDIENTS:
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup white sugar
1 pinch salt
1/3 cup boiling water 

3 1/2 cups milk
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup half-and-half cream


DIRECTIONS:
Combine the cocoa, sugar and pinch of salt in a saucepan. Blend in the boiling water. Bring this mixture to an easy boil while you stir. Simmer and stir for about 2 minutes. Watch that it doesn't scorch. Stir in 3 1/2 cups of milk and heat until very hot, but do not boil! Remove from heat and add vanilla. Divide between 4 mugs. Add the cream to the mugs of cocoa to cool it to drinking temperature.

I like mine with a dab of whipped cream on top too ; )  Enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment