Saturday, December 18, 2010

Are You Living or Just Existing?

It's that party time of the year when everyone is having visitors.  Here in the southwest, you need salsa and guacamole for those parties and get togethers.  My husband loves the guacamole -- me I prefer the salsa.

Today I am sharing the guacamole with you - tomorrow, the salsa recipe.  Just get some good tortilla chips to have with it and you are ready for company.

What else are you looking for to throw a great party?  Let me know and I will post it for you.  My husband will tell you that I have close to a million recipes in my computer and on a 2TB external drive : ) .  He may be a little high on that number but not by much.

Have a little fun today -- and ask yourself are you living or just existing?  Get out and enjoy your life -- don't just exist.  You know the old saying,  'All work and no play makes you a dull person'.  I decided a month or so ago to not just exist any longer.  I'm opting for leaving a big impression on this world when I leave.  ; )

Today, it's lunch with the family, tomorrow, it's church and then taking my Nikon and maybe taking in a few scenes such as this one.



Charlene


Guacamole

4 servings

Ingredients

3 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
1 lime, juiced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup diced onion
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)

Directions

In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment