Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Find a meaningful need and fill it better than anyone else

Everyone laughs at me because I love the movie "ROBOTS".  The one guy in the movie is always saying 'see a need, fill a need'.  The one kid in the movie is Rodney and he admires the inventor /owner of the mechanical world ~ Bigweld who he finds has disappeared.  It is such a cute movie but that one line has stuck in my head for several years.  If you haven't seen the movie, you should.  It is cute and also has Robin Williams, Halle Berry and Greg Kinear in it. Watch the movie and you will see.

The reason I bring this movie up is because I am always thinking of things but don't have the  time to do all the things that I think of.  I need more hours in a day : ) but God knew best and knows I can't handle more hours in a day.  Sometimes I waste several hours a day when I could be more productive.  There are better things to do than watching TV. Usually, I am busy doing several things while I'm watching TV, I'm reading a book or doing research on the Internet. 

All of this to say, look for a place in life where this is a need and find a way to fill that need and you will be a success.  Maybe not a millionaire but you will have succeeded in filling a need for someone.

Today, let's make something easy for dinner.  How about an easy beef stroganoff.  Of course, you could always use the lite version of some of these ingredients if you'd like to cut down on fat and calories.

Happy Tuesday - enjoy the day whatever you plan to do.

Charlene


Easy Beef Stroganoff 
 
INGREDIENTS:
1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles,
cooked and drained
6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, chopped
1/4 cup butter 2 pounds lean ground beef
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups beef broth
1 cup sour cream
salt and black pepper to taste


DIRECTIONS:
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in boiling water until done, about 8 minutes. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. In a large skillet, cook mushrooms and onions in 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat until soft; remove from pan.
3. Using the same pan, melt remaining butter. Cook ground beef in melted butter until browned. Mix in flour. Stir in beef broth, and cook until slightly thickened. Add mushroom and onion mixture; stir in sour cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until sauce is hot, but not boiling. Serve sauce over egg noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment