Friday, February 11, 2011

The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter. Mark Twain

It's Friday ~  you could only be happier if it were Saturday or Sunday : )  Even though it is still Friday, be happy, laugh and enjoy today.  I plan to enjoy my day no matter who or what happens.  Remember the songs from the 80's that said ' no body's gonna break my stride, ain't nothing gonna slow me down'?  This is how I feel today.

Get out and enjoy your Friday and of course your weekend ~ do something special with someone you enjoy being with.  Call up a friend and talk over the phone or over brunch.  Find something fun to do.  I going to take my new Canon EOS out and shoot some photos and I'll share them with you from time to time.  Here's one that I shot a few weeks ago here in AZ.


I love to take pictures.  I love flowers, bees, trees, mountains, clouds, sunrises and sunsets, and so much more.  I enjoy lots of things.  Baking is one of the things that I enjoy.  Angel food cake is great anytime and it is light and tasty.  This one has cherries added.  It is good ~ try some today.

Happy Friday! !

Charlene


Cherry Angel Food Cake   
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup sifted cake flour
1 cup egg whites
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 1/4 cups white sugar
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/3 cup maraschino cherries, drained and sliced
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Make sure your 10 inch tube pan is clean and dry. Sift flour three times and set aside.
2. In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites with salt and cream of tartar until foamy. Gradually add sugar, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. Blend in vanilla and almond extract. Fold the flour into the whites until no streaks remain. Pour half of the batter into pan. Sprinkle with half of the cherries. Fill pan with remaining batter and top with remaining cherries.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes. Invert pan and allow to hang until cake cools.

No comments:

Post a Comment