Monday, February 14, 2011

Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal

Colossians 4:1 ~ Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven. KJV
 
If you owe someone some thing, pay them. Don't cheat people and don't leave them hanging. don't make them ask for it. I don't like to owe anyone and I don't like it when people owe me and don't pay. In business, you have people who think it is OK to not pay you for long periods of time. It's even worse when they ignore you or just avoid the issue knowing full well that they owe you.
 
It is not only unfair to that person but also not what we are commanded to do.  Everyone today is thinking about someone ~ think about people you have wronged and take care of it.  Today is a good day to do that.  If there is someone you have done wrong:  call, email, write, or go see them.  You will feel better once you have taken care of your obligations.
 
Today we have Vanilla Soaked French Toast.  I am making this for my mom's birthday later this month (my family decided they want breakfast food for the party).  I will be posting several recipes that I am making that day, but I knew you would enjoy this one especially if you like french toast : ).
 
Happy Monday ! !
 

Vanilla Soaked French Toast 

1/2 to 3/4 cup half & half
3 large eggs
4 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
Pinch of salt
6-8 thick slices French bread (slightly stale is best to sop up the egg mixture)

Whisk together the half & half, eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
Soak bread slices in egg mixture for at least 4 to 5 minutes.
Lightly oil or butter and heat a griddle or skillet on medium-high. Place the soaked bread on the griddle and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until French toast is lightly scorched.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and/or serve with warm maple syrup.
You can also top with strawberries and whipped cream if you like.

I want this cast iron griddle -- maybe I will order it for myself for my birthday : )

What do you think?  : )

Enjoy ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment