Saturday, February 19, 2011

Make memories every day

We had so much fun yesterday.  It was a beautiful day and, again, we went to a conservation park with lots of hiking trails and critters.  Lots of chipmunks, cottontails, partridges, doves, squirrels and finches.  We took lots of pictures.  I shot about 500 pictures and filled my 4 GB chip for my Canon.   I love photography - it is so much fun and especially with a digital camera ~  you don't have to get film developed and wait to see your pictures.  I do love a good film camera and have 2 Minolta 7000i's that I still use.  My husband was feeding the chipmunks out of his hand.




Brings to my mind a verse:   Matthew 10:16  Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.  (KJV)  Today, we are going to a 50th anniversary party for a couple from church.  It will be a lot of fun and of course, we will take our cameras : )

Enjoy your weekend and get out and do something you enjoy ~ I know I will : )

Charlene


Slow Cooker Meatballs  

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 1/4 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium yellow onion, chopped 1 egg, beaten
28 ounces Tomato and Basil Sauce
1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 (14.25 ounce) can tomato puree

Directions:
1. In a bowl, mix the ground beef, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, onion, and egg. Shape the mixture into 16 meatballs.
2. In a slow cooker, mix the pasta sauce, crushed tomatoes, and tomato puree. Place the meatballs into the sauce mixture. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment