Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happiness is a warm puppy. ~ Charles Schulz

This is true for me ~ I love puppies, especially my puppy.  She really isn't a puppy anymore.  she is 7 now, but she is so sweet and loves to snuggle with mommy : )  She has a huge heart and a little body but don't tell her that ~ she thinks she is a Rottweiler especially if you try to touch me.  Seven pounds of terror - otherwise, she is sweet as can be.

I can have the worst day and when I come home, she meets me at the door.  She is always grinning when I come home and I have to stop and pet her and hold her.  Then she wants to sit by me on the chair.  However, she is not spoiled : )  She loves her baby carrots and usually gets one a day.  If you don't have a puppy, you don't know what you are missing.  A true companion in good times and bad.  They don't care if you have everything or nothing.  People should be this way too -- loyal til the end.  We could learn something from our furry friends about life.  Enjoy today, roll in the grass, drink some water, be a great friend and be happy to see people when they come home or come over to visit.

This is my baby girl:



Isn't she the sweetest little dog you've ever seen?  : )  She is to me !

Happy Tuesday !

Charlene


Garlic Chicken Fried Chicken 
INGREDIENTS:
2 teaspoons garlic powder, or to taste
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs 
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded thin
1 cup olive oil for frying, or as needed

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a shallow dish, mix together the garlic powder, pepper, salt, paprika, bread crumbs and flour. In a separate dish, whisk together the milk and egg.
2. Heat the oil in a cast iron skillet  at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Dip the chicken into the egg and milk, then dredge in the dry ingredients until evenly coated.
3. Fry chicken in the hot oil for about 5 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Remove from the oil with a slotted spatula, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment