Thursday, February 24, 2011

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked. ~ Author Unknown

I have been getting a bunch of photos ready for my website.  They will be for sale and will be limited in quantity.

You can get them with or with out Bible verses.  I have my favorites ~ all shot by myself.  I am having a blast shooting with my Canon EOS Rebel T2i and I really like my new Canon backpack.  I can pact up all my equipment and go without having to keep adjusting the bag on my shoulder. Yesterday we shot a lot of old farm equipment and cool roosters and chickens.  One of the chickens had 3 little babies.  They were so cute and they all just came right up to you - even the mommy and babies.  I really don't even know what some of the equipment is but will be looking it all up : )



Does anyone know what this is called?  There were probably 30 different pieces of equipment and a whole blacksmith's shop.  Now to Photoshop them for sale.  I'm also learning how to shoot in HDR.  Really cool and adds lots of color and detail to pictures.  I am having a blast  (can you tell?).

Today, let's go back in time to the days when people actually cooked and baked from scratch.  Let's have something that most people enjoy eating - Apple Pie.  YUMMY !

Enjoy,

Charlene


Apple Pie

1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
1/2 cup unsalted butter (do not substitute margarine)
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup water
8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
1 tbsp cinnamon

1. Melt butter in a sauce pan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add white sugar, brown sugar and water; bring to a boil. Reduce temperature, and simmer 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place the bottom crust in your pan. Add cinnamon to the apples and mix.  Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work of crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
3. Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment