Saturday, February 26, 2011

Think of all the beauty thats still left in and around you and be happy! ~ Anne Frank

I'm sitting here watching the clouds roll in for the storm that we are expecting and can't help but think how beautiful the sunset will be this evening.  It's the small things in life that people have lost the love for.  We are so busy in our lives that we have stopped enjoying life's simpler pleasures.  Sitting around with family - laughing, lunch with a good friend, sitting on the patio watching the birds or dogs play in the yard.  What a shame that we can't just stop and learn to enjoy those things again.  The last few weeks, I have enjoyed the beauty of nature and landscapes -- the simple things that are all around us all the time. Sunsets, clouds, plants, birds, chipmunks and flowers that just grow wild. 


Even though I Photoshopped this picture to put a heart in the center, it was pretty before I touched it.I just added the heart in the center to remind me of the love that God has for all of us.  He has given us all this and more if we trust in Him.  This picture will soon be up for sale in a limited quantity if you are interested.  Also, if there is something that you are looking for such as roses or anything else, please let me know and I will photograph it and get it up for sale. 

Today, stop and smell the roses, watch the birds play and sit outside and just take it all in ~ I know I will until it starts raining.  Even once it starts raining, I will just move to the patio or inside with the sliding door open to hear the rain.  I love the sound of thunder and rain.  To me, it is comforting to hear because it reminds me that I am just a very small part of a huge Master's plan in this world.  A storm can cover several states  - I can't even fathom covering one state in a month much less several at once.  And even though I am only a small part, I am still very important. : )  I am overjoyed to know that I am significant in this massive world.

Tomorrow, my family will be here after church to celebrate my mom's birthday.  If she liked cherries, I'd make this one for her : )  This works out well and stores well - good for breakfast too.

Enjoy your weekend and get out and do something simple -- how about a picnic with your family? A game of baseball in the park or go feed the ducks.

Charlene


Cherry Almond Pound Cake 
 
INGREDIENTS:
1 (18.25 ounce) package cherry chip
cake mix
1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
2 teaspoons almond extract
2 eggs
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1/4 teaspoon almond extract

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and lightly flour a bundt or tube pan.
2. Combine the cake mix, pie filling, almond extract, and eggs in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly by hand until well moistened. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cool on rack for 15 minutes; invert cooled cake onto serving plate. Cool completely.
4. Whisk together the confectioners' sugar and 1/4 teaspoon almond extract in a small bowl. Add drops of water until glaze is drizzling consistency. Spoon glaze over cooled cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment