Thursday, February 10, 2011

God gives every bird its food, but He does not throw it into its nest. ~J.G. Holland

We must plow forward in our goals and keep working while attaining those goals.  If you want to eat, you have to work ~ that's just the way it is : ) We all have dreamed of being rich and having all of our troubles taken away ~ Wake up ! !  The only real way you are getting there is by hard work (unless you have very wealthy parents who leave everything to you instead of the dog).  Very few win millions or are just handed money ~  most just work hard for it.  There is no shame in working for a living - and there is nothing wrong with making a good living.

I believe that there is more to life than just working though and everything has its own place.  I believe that you also need rest and relaxation.  You also need family and friends.  Most importantly, you need the Lord in your life.  I know lots of people who go through life never even attending church or worshipping God.  Who else in your life gave their only Son for you?  The short and only answer is no one.  God has been so good to me in life and has given me so much:  the best friends, my family, my jobs, my dreams and my salvation.  I am happy even if I don't have a job right now : )

Be happy in whatever you do today and enjoy life.  It;s almost the weekend ~ what are your plans?  I'm spending Saturday with my family.

Charlene


Cranberry Bread
2  cups flour
1 ½ cups fresh cranberries, chopped
1  cup sugar
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1  teaspoon salt
¼ cup butter
1  egg, beaten
1  teaspoon grated orange peel
¾ cup orange juice

Directions:
In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.  Add egg, orange peel and orange juice. Stir. Fold in raisins and cranberries. Put in loaf pans (greased). Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment