Tuesday, February 8, 2011

If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it.-- Margaret Fuller

One thing I love to do is teach people new things.  I really enjoy when I can show someone how to do something ~ the pleasure comes from being able to take something that I know and giving that to someone else so that they understand and can go on to do something they didn't understand before.  I think this is why I love consulting and writing because I can give people something they need to go on.  Whether it is inspiration or knowledge, I enjoy imparting knowledge to people. 

I also love to cook and take pictures and paint : )  I love it when my family comes over and eats my food.  My sister loves the sausage gravy and biscuits.  Last time I made gravy and biscuits for my family, I made a whole pan with about 4 pounds of sausage and it was gone ~ there were 12 people here eating : ) ~  I used my 15 inch cast iron skillet (what I use for everything ~ whether it is frying chicken or grilling steaks ).  There are only a few things that I use a lot ~ my Cuisinart, my cast iron skillets and my baking stones.

Today enjoy some homemade pancakes.  When was the last time you had homemade pancakes?  My family loves these ~ you can add fresh or frozen fruit to these pancakes.  Just make sure that you drain whatever you use really well.  If you are using frozen fruit, make sure it is thawed and well drained otherwise, it will water down your pancakes and make them soggy.  You don't want soggy pancakes : )

Happy Tuesday ! !

Charlene



 Homemade Pancakes

Ingredients:

2 cups all purpose flour 
2 teaspoons baking powder 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
4 tablespoons sugar 
2 cups milk 
1/3 cup olive oil
2 eggs 

Directions:

 Sift flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar into mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, mix milk, oil, and eggs with a whisk. 
Then mix the flour and milk mixtures together in a bowl with an electric mixer; mix until most lumps are gone. 
Cook on a skillet on medium heat until golden brown on both sides.

Enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Charlene, awesome Pancakes, will try this soon! I appreciate your passion in teach people new things..blogger is best means for helping. Expecting many more from you..have added this to my Google reader!!


    CV Template

    ReplyDelete