Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Add Meaning to Your Goals - Write Them Down

Write down your goals and say them out loud.  Post them in a place where you will see them all the time.  When I was working at a regular 8 to 5 job, I had them posted on my computer at work.  Now that I am no longer working there, I have them posted on my desk at home where I work from part time.  If your goals are in front of you all the time, you are more apt to do them.  If during the time that they are posted and you are working on them, you find that your goals have evolved or changed completely -- update your goal list.

I can't begin to tell you the number of times that mine have changed over the years and how many times they have changed this year.  Not from one thing to another but they just seem to evolve into something easier or in some cases, more complex.  I just have to keep in mind that my ideas don't always mesh with what the Lord has in mind for me so my plans need to be somewhat fluid in that area.  Nonetheless, I can write down my goals and pursue them when the doors are opened to me.

My first big goal is to get my website set up now that I am feeling better.  I will post a link to the website here when it is online for you to visit. 

Get out your pen and paper,

Charlene

(These would be great on Super Bowl Sunday.)

Sweet & Spicy Jalapeno Poppers
 6 jalapeno peppers
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
6 bacon strips, halved widthwise
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon chili seasoning

Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove seeds; set aside. In a small bowl, beat cheeses until blended. Spoon into pepper halves.  Wrap a half-strip of bacon around each pepper half.
Combine brown sugar and chili seasoning; coat peppers with sugar mixture. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.  Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until bacon is firm. Yields: 1 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment