Saturday, January 15, 2011

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. ~Henry Ford

Henry Ford said it best.  Keep your eyes on the goal - I know for me, I am golden as long as I keep my eyes on the goal.  The second that I start to wander, I start to think of all the reasons that I can't reach my goal.  A really good book that I have ordered is Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want -- Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible.  Brian Tracy is great in his writing. 

Today, I have 2 goals I am trying to accomplish.  My first is to get through the videos that I need to watch to get my website set up.  The second is to set up my accounts on several stock photo websites and get some pictures uploaded for sale.  Once my website is set up, I will also have several prints on there for sale.  This will be way cool to have my prints up for sale to all of you : ).

It's Saturday so enjoy your day -- get out and do something fun and then get back to focusing on your goals.  You are the only one who can do that.  Others can encourage you -- but it is up to you to accept that you can do whatever you want to. 

Happy Saturday !

Charlene


HOLY COW BROWNIES
Makes  24

BROWNIES:
3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup (6 oz.) dark chocolate chips
1 Tbsp. vanilla
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup flour
1/2 cup mini-chocolate chips


CHOCOLATE BUTTER CREAM:
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, melt butter, chocolate chips and sugar in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove and stir until melted and smooth. Stir in vanilla. Stir in the flour and beaten eggs until well-blended. Fold in the mini-chips -- DO NOT OVERMIX. Spread batter into a 9x13-inch greased baking pan and bake for 23 minutes -- DO NOT OVER BAKE. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool in pan.


Chocolate Butter Cream: In a small bowl, melt the chocolate chips and butter in the microwave for 1 minute, stirring until melted and smooth. Add the vanilla and allow to cool until a spreadable consistency. Whip until creamy and spread thinly over the cooled brownies and cut into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment