Monday, January 3, 2011

Monday is Here -- and I'm Estatic!

I'm so excited -- a long time friend is flying into town and I haven't seen her in about 20 years.  It will be so good to visit with her and to hear her voice again.  She is one of the sweetest natured people that I know.  That is because she is a faithful, God fearing woman who has 3 wonderful boys and a great husband.  I used to baby sit her oldest son when he was several months old.  He is in college now.  Time sure flew by.

Renee was the person who got me started tole painting and I still enjoy it.  A lot of the reason I think I still love it is because it reminds me of the time we spent together laughing and talking.  One of my favorite books that I have lost track of and need to buy again is Priscilla Hauser Book of Tole and Decorative Painting: Step-By-Step Techniques, Color Worksheets and Patterns.  I may have to go and buy it after she leaves and I have withdrawals from her visit.

Today, I have something that I know she would love to have me bake.  Not sure if I will get the chance to today with the business planning that I have to get done, however, I will share it with you here.  Belgian Brownies -- these are fantastic !  Pay close attention to the recipe and don't rush this one.

Enjoy,

Charlene


Belgian Brownies

Makes 14 brownies

9 ounces bittersweet chocolate (60 - 64% cacao)
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
5 eggs, beaten lightly with a fork
1 1/3 cups superfine sugar
3 tablespoons pastry flour


1. Roughly chop the chocolate into pieces. Transfer to a medium-sized bowl and add the butter. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, until the two ingredients have melted. Mix well and transfer to a large bowl; set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Sift the sugar and flour together, then stir into the chocolate. Add the eggs and mix well. Cover and let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes. The batter will thicken as it stands.
3. Line a muffin tin with cupcake papers. Spoon one-fourth cup batter into each paper-lined cup. Bake 30 to 35 minutes. The brownies will still be moist when done; they will puff up and fall slightly as they cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment