Tuesday, January 25, 2011

If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time. ~Author Unknown

Today, I have re-grouped and re-planned my goals yet again.  Nothing wrong with that I guess.  I need to get things in order because I am starting to lose focus sometimes on my goals.  I must stay focused.  Things are changing all around me right now and I need to make sure I am staying in God's will with what I am working towards.

Today I will work at some one's office and tomorrow from home.  Then I will have to work out my schedule for the next few weeks to see what I will be doing and where.  In the meantime, I found this recipe a long time ago and it is really good.  Made these into mini muffins once for a potluck and they were gone.  Glad they were gone since my husband doesn't like cooked apples -- go figure ?? : )

Happy Tuesday!

Charlene


Apple Pie Muffins 

Servings: 12

INGREDIENTS:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 cups diced apples
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter, melted

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin tin or line with paper muffin cups.
2. In a large bowl, stir together 2 1/4 cups flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate smaller bowl, mix together the egg, buttermilk, 1/2 cup melted butter, vanilla and 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar until sugar has dissolved. Pour into the flour mixture and sprinkle the diced apple into the bowl as well. Stir just until everything is blended. Spoon into the prepared muffin tin, filling the cups to the top.
3. In a small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/3 cup flour and cinnamon. Drizzle in 2 tablespoons of melted butter while tossing with a fork until well blended. Sprinkle this over the tops of the muffins.
4. Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the tops of the muffins spring back when lightly pressed.  (Time will need to be adjusted if you use the mini muffin pan. )

No comments:

Post a Comment