Saturday, January 22, 2011

Someday is not a day of the week. ~Author Unknown

How true is that statement!  All those saying 'someday I will' -- shall never achieve their goals.  Stop saying someday and put a date on your goals.  Today we are having a state association of churches meeting in Phoenix and then I have a baby shower to attend.  Sunday it will be church so I have a full weekend.  In between all of those wonderful activities, I will keep posting for you - bringing you more fabulous recipes.

If you would like to know when my blog post goes up, you can subscribe to my posts on the right side of this blog.  This way if I miss a day, you can email me to see what is wrong : ) 

These days, my days are filled with lots of goals that are always shifting and changing but I have never labeled any of them to be done someday.  I may give them a date 3 months away, but never someday (except for the 'someday I want the new Cadillac CTS -- that will happen when I am earning enough to make those lovely payments).  So, I guess there are exceptions to every rule and the Cadillac is my exception to that rule : ) and of course, the first line of my favorite song, 'The Way You Look Tonight' by Harry Connick, Jr.

Today, I am sharing a great recipe for sugar cookies.  They are good alone or with a special person.

Charlene


Bakery Sugar Cookies

1 cup butter or butter Crisco
2 t. baking soda
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
1 cup sugar
3 cups flour
a few tablespoons of milk as necessary

Cream together butter and sugar with electric mixer.
Add egg, vanilla and baking soda. Add flour one cup at a time.
Add milk one tablespoon at a time until dough is of rolling consistency.
Roll out and cut into shapes (roll thick).  Kaiser Bakeware Heart Cookie Cutter, Set of 6

Bake for 6-7 minutes on ungreased cookie sheet on top shelf of oven at 400 degrees.  I prefer a cooking stone - your cookies will not burn on a stone.  I have this one:  Old Stone Oven 4467 14-Inch by 16-Inch Baking Stone.  If you have never used a stone to bake on, you have to try it - amazing and hard to burn anything.   (My family will tell you that this is last year is the first time I have not burned the bottom of the rolls on Thanksgiving because I used my stone. )  : )
(Cookies will look undone on top). Cool and frost.

Frosting
4 T. softened butter
2 c. powdered sugar
a few T. milk to make frosting spreading consistency
you can also add food coloring if you choose, the powdered kind works best

Beat butter in a mixing bowl and add powdered sugar gradually.
Add milk and beat until frosting is a good spreading consistency.
After frosting cookies, sprinkle immediately with colored sugar. ( Wilton Pink Spring Sugar)

No comments:

Post a Comment