Thursday, January 6, 2011

Start Each Day With a Smile and a Little Bible Reading

My husband and I spent the better part of yesterday with a dear old friend that we haven't seen in over 18 years.  We did a lot of catching up and had lunch and dinner together.  I haven't enjoyed a visit with someone so much in a really long time.  She is absolutely one of my sweetest friends and a person who trusts the Lord in good and bad times and to me is truly a Godly example.  I just love her.  We have committed to doing better at staying in touch from now on then we have in the past and visit more.

Talks with her are always uplifting and I always come away with a better outlook.  Her and her husband have 3 boys -- 3 very loved boys.  Three boys who were raised to love the Lord and who were taught well.  I really wish we lived closer to them so that we could visit more often but there is always cell phones and we will talk often.

Today we also found out we both love to cook and bake, and I shared my book with her - "Jesus Calling".  We went to lunch and my husband had his usual salad.  He likes the Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad and I always taste his chicken -- my friend tried it to.  So here is a recipe for the salad.  I miss her already : (

I hope everyone tries this salad and lets me know how it turns out.

Charlene


Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad 
Servings: 4

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup creamy garlic salad dressing
1 cup finely chopped pecans
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 head romaine lettuce leaves, torn into 1/2 inch wide strips
1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
1 cup dried cranberries
4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup Ranch dressing

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Place the creamy garlic dressing and pecans in separate bowls. Dip each chicken breast in the dressing then in the pecans to coat. Arrange chicken on a baking sheet.
Bake chicken 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until juices run clear. Cool slightly, and cut into strips.
On serving plates, arrange equal amounts of the lettuce, mandarin oranges, cranberries, and blue cheese. Top with equal amounts chicken, and serve with Ranch dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment