Sunday, January 16, 2011

God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow in them. ~Author Unknown

Well now the month is officially half over -- where are you at with your plans?  I didn't get through all my videos today but I'm not quitting.  Keep pushing forward and working towards your goal.  If you need to change your dates a little, don't give up, just move the date a little and keep going for it.

Pick yourself back up, gather your crayons and start again.  It doesn't matter how many times you start over, it just matters that you keep you eye on the goal and never give up.  We can have dreams - just keep them realistic.  Don't make your goal to be a millionaire in 3 weeks - most likely, it will not happen unless you win the lottery.  Make short term goals and make them something achievable - I will get a new client every week for the next three weeks.  This is something you can do.  Yes, God can do miracles but I don't think a million dollars in 3 weeks is something that He will think is best for you.

Today, I am going to let God talk to me and tell me where he wants me to be.  I'm going to pray and listen to what he has in store for me.  I'm sure it is more than I could ever imagine.  I am happy and blessed.

Cheesecake is great this time of year since it is cool enough to heat the house up baking.  I am sharing one of my favorite cheesecakes with you today.  I hope you enjoy this one as much as I do.

Happy Baking ~

Charlene


White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake

1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
3 tablespoons white sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 cup water
2 cups white chocolate chips
1/2 cup half-and-half cream
3 (8 ounce) packages creamcheese
1/2 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, mix cookie crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar and melted butter until well blended.   Press mixture onto the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
To make raspberry sauce: In a medium sauce pan, combine raspberries, 2 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch and water. Bring to boil.
Continue boiling until sauce is thick and clear. Strain sauce through a mesh strainer to remove seeds. Set aside.
In the top of a double boiler, heat white chocolate chips and half-and-half, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and smooth.  Remove from heat and allow to cool to lukewarm.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time.  Blend in vanilla and melted white chocolate chips. Pour half of batter over crust.
Spoon 3 tablespoons of raspberry sauce over batter. Pour remaining batter into pan. Spoon another 3 tablespoons of raspberry sauce over the top of the batter. Swirl batter with the tip of a knife to create a marbled effect.
Bake in the preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes, or until filling is set.
Allow to cool, cover with plastic, and refrigerate for 8 hours before removing from pan.
Serve with remaining raspberry sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment