Thursday, January 13, 2011

Don't Ask For a Light Load, but Rather Ask For a Strong Back

It would be easy to ask for a light load, this is always the easy way.  But is this what we should do?  Don't take the easy way out -- look for the challenge and stand strong.  You will be glad when you look back and see the storm that you have come through.  If you are given a heavy load, you are not squashed beneath it.

I have found myself again asking for a light load and am again pushing myself to ask for a strong back and strong will to meet the challenges that I know I need to face head on now.  I want to be strong through this so that I can look down from the mountain top and survey the wondrous valley that I just came through.  You know the song, 'if it weren't for the valleys, I wouldn't thank God for the mountain tops'. 

I am currently in the middle of reading several really good books - I know, I can't just read one.  The one that I am enjoying the most right now is 10 Spiritual Principles of Successful Women: Discovering Your Purpose, Vision, and Blessing.  It is really a good book and I'm only through the first chapter so far.  Being a business person doesn't mean you can't have principles.  You can be the best business person in your field.  You just have to stay focused.  I'll let you know when I finish it and how I like it then.

Today, let's have some fun with the kids.  Kids love to cook and bake -- probably just because it means time with you.  If you don't have kids, borrow some and try this recipe.  Remember their cooking mitts!  : )

Have fun!
Charlene

Peanut Butter Cocoa Krispies

5 cups cocoa krispies (cocoa or chocolate-flavored rice puff cereal)
1 cup sugar
1 cup white corn syrup
12 ounce jar extra crunchy peanut butter


Measure cereal into large metal bowl. Set aside. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Spray long handled spoon with cooking spray. Set aside. Heat sugar and syrup until boiling.

Remove from heat and immediately stir-in peanut butter. Stir until peanut butter is melted and combined. Pour warm mixture over cereal in bowl. Stir with already greased spoon. Drop by spoonfuls onto prepared baking pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment