Thursday, January 27, 2011

Put all excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable. Zig Ziglar

Time to put all excuses aside and do something -- I keep telling myself this every day.  Every day I get up and tell myself that this will all be ok and the get to work.  I have a lot of things going on right now but I am capable of getting them done if I buckle down and do them.

No more excuses !  I love baked beans but have a food allergy to bell peppers -- however, if I am not wanting to eat any, I add bell peppers to the bacon and onion in the skillet.  I know I won't eat them if I add bell pepper : )

The week is almost over - It's Thursday : )  Happy, Happy !

Charlene


Like-Homemade Baked Beans 
INGREDIENTS:
3 bacon strips, diced
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans 2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
4 Tablespoon brown sugar
2 Tablespoons ketchup
1 bell pepper ( diced ), optional (see note above)


DIRECTIONS:
1. In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Add onion; cook until tender. Add remaining ingredients. Reduce heat; simmer for 10-15 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently.  Cover in a casserole dish and bake for about 30 minutes at 300 F.

No comments:

Post a Comment