Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Many an opportunity is lost because a man is out looking for four-leaf clovers. ~Author Unknown

Save yourself the trouble ~ there are no get rich quick schemes that work.  Either get your plan and act on it or get a job.  If you are not going to work on getting your tasks done so that you can work for yourself and make some money, you may as well get a job and line someone else's pockets.  I have decided it is time for me to work on my own things rather than work an 8 - 5 job and watch someone else get richer.  Hard work is the only way to get where you want to be.  No I am not saying to give up on your dreams -- just get to work on them.  They will never get done if you don't get to them now.

I don't want to be filthy rich, just to be able to pay my bills and do those things I want and need to do in life without the constraints of someone else's clock.  Is there anything wrong with wanting to be able to pay my bills and things on my own rather than depending on someone else to pay me a fair wage?  You either have the ones who think they own you or the ones who think you owe them ~  rarely do you find someone who thinks you get paid for what you do and they are happy with what you do and they thank you for what you do.  Those are the ones that I enjoy working for ~ the ones who say thank you and tell you what a difference you've made to them and that you are worth everything they have ever paid you ~ and of course, I'm not talking about the ones who tell you that once you quit.  I'm talking about the ones who tell you that all the time in actions and words.  I've been very lucky in my life to have had 2 bosses like this.  The first was my first job in construction and the other was a doctor who is no longer alive.  Both great people. 

It's time for me to make a difference in my life - I know who I have trusted to keep me and I have asked Him to help me get where I need to be.  To help me be able to pay my bills ~ and I believe he will help me get there.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (KJV)
 5  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
 6  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Happy Tuesday : )

Charlene


Hash Brown Casserole

2 pounds frozen hash brown shredded potatoes, thawed  (I like the little squares)
16 oz sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted,
3 tablespoons butter
2/3 to 1 cup chopped onion
2-1/2 to 3 cups shredded cheddar
Salt and pepper to taste
A couple handfuls of cheddar to sprinkle on top after baking (optional)

Mix potatoes, sour cream, chicken soup, margarine and onion in a big bowl until well blended. Add cheese and mix well. Pour into 9x13 greased pan.
Bake in preheated 350 degree oven about 45-50 minutes or until casserole is heated through and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and sprinkle with more cheese if you like. Serves 12.

Sometimes when I make this, I like to add a can of fire roasted green chilies.  It is delicious that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment