Friday, January 14, 2011

The Month is Nearly Half Over. . .

Well the month is nearly half over - where are you at with your goals?  Saturday I will be finishing working on my website design and moving towards setting it up and then going live.  Then I will share my next goal with you and let you know where I am at with it.

I am moving right through my plans this year.  I have them charted and am ticking them off as I go along.  It's never too late to start on your list.  Don't put it off till tomorrow -- do it today.  Saturday, I am taking out my Canon EOS Rebel T2i 18 MP CMOS APS-C Digital SLR Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD and EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS UD Standard Zoom Lens.  Trying some new pictures with my husband.  He is shooting with a Nikon D5000 12.3 MP DX Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Lens and 2.7-inch Vari-angle LCD.  He likes the creative shooting settings.  I like mine because I don't have all the creative settings and I have to think mine through before I shoot.  It will be fun.

Living in the southwest part of the United States, I have come to love Mexican food.  Today, I found a recipe for Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Casserole.  Hope you enjoy it.  Give me feedback if you try this recipe.  I haven't tried this one yet -- got it from someone who says it's really good.  I'm interested in finding out how it is.  let me know.

Charlene



Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole 
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
fresh crushed garlic salt to taste  (I like garlic - I use 2 cloves crushed)
18 (6 inch) corn tortillas, torn in half
1 (28 ounce) can green chili enchilada sauce
1 (16 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
2. Season chicken with garlic salt. Arrange in the prepared baking dish. Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Cool, shred, and set aside.
3. With metal tongs, char each tortilla half over the open flame of a gas stove burner for about 1 minute, until lightly puffed.
4. Pour about 1/2 inch enchilada sauce in the bottom of a medium baking dish, and arrange 6 tortillas in a single layer. Top with 1/2 the chicken, 1/3 cheese, 1/2 the sour cream, and 1/3 of the remaining enchilada sauce. Repeat. Coat remaining tortillas thoroughly with remaining enchilada sauce, and arrange on top of the layers. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, and top with any remaining enchilada sauce
5. Cover, and bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool slightly before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment