Monday, January 24, 2011

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful. Herman Cain

Happiness is key to a lot of things.  If you are happy in life, your life is so much simpler than if you are stressed or not enjoying life.  What makes you happy?  Are you happy?  I am happy knowing that the Lord is my shepherd and I am happy in knowing that he will provide what I need according to his will.  I still have the same needs and ups and downs as everyone else does, I just keep trying to look to the Lord for answers in all things:  work, life, family and hobbies.

It's Monday and I have several things I need to get done so I'm going to share this with you and then be off.  I am posting a recipe today for Cafe Corn Chowder -- love this and hope you enjoy it too.

Happy Monday !

Charlene


Cafe Corn Chowder

¼-cup butter, (½-stick)
6 tablespoons chopped onion
¾-cup diced celery
2-½ cups water
2 cups cubed peeled red or russet potatoes, (½-inch)
2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
1 can creamed corn (14 oz)
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1 dash of white pepper
3 tablespoons flour
3 cups half and half cream
   


1. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add in the flour and whisk until smooth and a roux forms (2 minutes).
3. Add onions and celery and saute 5 minutes until soft but not brown.
4. Add water, potatoes, corn kernels, creamed corn, sugar, salt and pepper. Using a wire whisk, whisk until smooth.
5. Cover and simmer until potatoes are barely tender, about 30 minutes.
6. Add half and half and simmer uncovered until soup has thickened to a creamy consistency, about 15 minutes.
7. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment