Wednesday, January 19, 2011

God gave us two ends - one to sit on and one to think with. Success depends on which one you use. Head you win, tail you lose. ~Author Unknown

Today, you have a choice ~ sit and watch the day go by or focus and do.  I am choosing to do.  I am choosing to set my goals higher.  God has been so good to me through all of this past few months since my job went away.  I am happy, rested and have  gotten past all the stress of the day to day hustle of being an accountant for a construction company.  I like being able to write but I also need to make a living ~ you are all helping me do that through this blog and my soon to be website.  Thank you !

I am also working on a new book that I started a few years ago and will now be working on it until it's finished and ready for publishing.  When it is done, I will put it on my website for everyone.  As you can see, I have a lot going on right now -- and I must keep my eyes on the Lord. 

It's Wednesday, the week is half over !  Happy Humpday !  Are you having a brunch or breakfast meeting this week?  Try these - I like them in the mini muffin cups.  People will usually eat a small one even if they are on a diet but usually will not eat a large one.  Try the mini muffin pans or the muffin top pan.  Both are great.

Enjoy,

Charlene


Streusel Topped Blueberry Muffins 

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
5 tablespoons white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter, diced

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
Combine 2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in medium bowl. In a small bowl, sprinkle 1 to 2 tablespoons flour over blueberries, and set aside. (This simple trick will keep you from having "purple" batter)


In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter with 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, and stir in vanilla and lemon zest. Fold in dry ingredients alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries. Remember, fold gently, don't stir. Spoon batter into prepared cups.

Combine 2 tablespoons flour, 5 tablespoons sugar ,and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in 2 tablespoons butter with fork or pastry blender until mixture resembles course crumbs. Sprinkle over batter in muffin cups.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack. These muffins freeze really well, and re-heat in the microwave successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment